Have you been scrolling through Pinterest and overwhelmed with the number of recipes at your fingertips? We’ve been there too! Lucky for all of us, the Meritage Collection has tapped all of their executive Chefs—from Hawaii to California—and they have compiled their favorite recipes for you to make at home. Here is a new chicken dish for you to try from Ko’a Kea Hotel & Resort Chef Noelani Planas!
Chef Name: Chef Noelani Planas of Red Salt
Property Name: Ko’a Kea Hotel & Resort
Recipe Name: Creamy Garlic Chicken
- 2 large chicken breasts cut in half lengthwise
- Flour for dredging
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter divided
- 1 whole head garlic clove peeled
- 1/2 cup chicken broth or stock
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup heavy/whipping cream
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Parsley chopped (optional)
- Cut the chicken in half lengthwise so you have 4 smaller cutlets. Sprinkle them with some salt & pepper and coat them in the flour.
- Add the olive oil and 1 tbsp of the butter to a skillet over medium-high heat. Once the pan is hot, sauté the chicken for 4-5 minutes/side or until it's nice and golden. Take the chicken out of the pan and set it aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium (or even med-low if using cast iron) and add the rest of the butter to the pan. Let it melt and then add the garlic cloves. Cook them for 3-4 minutes, stirring often, until they're lightly browned on the outside.
- Add the chicken broth, lemon juice, and garlic powder to the pan. Let it bubble for around 4 minutes or until the liquid is noticeably reduced.
- Stir in the cream and add the chicken back into the pan. Let it cook for another 5 minutes or so, until the sauce is reduced, and the chicken is cooked through. Serve with freshly chopped parsley, if you wish.
You may substitute items or add. I like to add mushrooms and spinach at the end. You can serve with orzo pasta, rice or potatoes. Bon Appetit!