People come from all over the world to taste our wines, but there are many more fun things to do in Napa Valley. With a year-round temperate climate, visitors enjoy Napa’s great outdoors with our premier golf courses, art, culture and famous hot air balloon rides over miles of rolling vineyards. There are plenty of enjoyable Napa Valley attractions and activities suited for everyone in Wine Country, featuring The Meritage Resort in an ideal location for easy access to all of them. Our concierge team is happy to help you coordinate your one-of-a-kind wine country experience. Contact our Experience Concierge to get started on your best Napa Valley vacation.
Spa Terra – In the tranquility of our Estate Cave, under nine acres of hillside vineyards, experience true beauty in the heart of the Earth. Escape the everyday and allow Spa Terra to set the stage for the extraordinary. Relax and escape from the world around you in this one-of-a-kind spa.
The Meritage Resort offers one of the most convenient locations for wine tasting in Napa Valley. Just minutes from the celebrated Carneros wine growing region that straddles Napa and Sonoma counties, The Meritage is the ideal jumping off point for exploring wineries in both Napa Valley and Sonoma County. After a tasting at our nine on-site tasting rooms, discover nearby wineries including Etude, Starmont, Domaine Carneros, Artesa and many more. The Napa Valley Vintners provide an excellent resource to plan your trip to the perfect wineries.
- On-site Tasting Rooms – offering nine tasting rooms with a variety of wines and beers from craft winemakers and breweries.
- Wine Tasting Tours – For custom, private tours or small group "join in" tours of Napa Valley and Sonoma, contact Napa Valley Wine Country Tours.
- Napa Valley Wine Train – A 36-mile round-trip discovery to St. Helena and back, stopping at celebrated wineries along the way. Take a trip into the luxurious American past and experience an unparalleled memory-making journey aboard the new Quattro Vino Tour.
- Golf – Two picturesque golf courses in Napa Valley, Chardonnay Golf Club and Eagle Vines Golf Club, lie just two miles from The Meritage Resort and Spa. Enjoy 18 holes in the morning and wine tasting by the afternoon, offering the perfect golf vacation for the avid golfer and wine enthusiast. The Guest Services Team at The Meritage Resort and Spa can arrange your tee times, lunch, club rentals and transportation to and from the courses. As a guest of our resort, you are able to reserve tee times at both Napa Valley courses up to 60 days in advance through our Concierge.
- Biking – Discover the scenic miles of bicycle trails in Napa Valley. Bicycle rentals are available with advanced reservations through The Meritage Resort and bicycle tours may be arranged through our Concierge.
- Travel the back roads and visit small family wineries of both Napa Valley and Sonoma County. Explore the area by biking, hiking or kayaking tour and truly get away from it all with Getaway Adventures.
- Hot Air Balloons – Get the bird’s eye view of Napa Valley during the early morning from a beautiful hot-air balloon ride over the vineyards. These once-in-a-lifetime rides are wonderful for weddings, special occasion charters and champagne brunches. We recommend Balloons Above the Valley and our Concierge is happy assist you with reservations.
- Fly Fishing – Napa Valley Fly Guides is a locally owned and operated Fly Fishing Guide Service in Northern California. They supply all necessary gear: waders and boots, fly rods and all associated flies, etc. Their guides can help you improve your cast, read the water and teach you entomology, what fish like to eat how and where to safely enter the river.
Arts & Culture
Napa Valley is home to art, music and architecture on both intimate and grand scales. Revolving art exhibitions, special museum exhibits, theaters and art galleries all provide a legendary arts and culture experience for our Napa Valley guests. Our Concierge can provide you with details for all area art galleries and museums.
With a variety of food, wine and art festivals and events throughout the year, there is something for every foodie, wine, music and culture lover. Stay at The Meritage Resort and attend popular Napa events like Arts in April, BottleRock Napa Valley, Festival Napa Valley, the annual grape harvest August through October, or the popular Napa Valley Film Festival. See a complete list of annual Napa Valley events.
Imagine yourself sitting on a sunny deck, sipping a cool glass of fumé blanc and watching the serene Napa River float by. Whatever the tempo of your day can be, you'll find the Oxbow Public Market a warm, welcoming, one-of-a-kind experience. Whether you are looking for a great bottle of wine for dinner, some scrumptious burgers for the kids, or foraging for the most delectable peaches in season, Oxbow should be your destination in Napa.
- BottleRock – With a variety of food, wine and art festivals and events throughout the year, there is something for every foodie, wine, music and culture lover. Stay at The Meritage Resort and attend popular Napa events like Arts in April, BottleRock Napa Valley, Festival Napa Valley, the annual grape harvest August through October, or the popular Napa Valley Film Festival. See a complete list of annual Napa Valley events here.
- Napa Valley Film Festival – Featuring over 120 new independent films and studio sneak previews in nine beautiful screening venues throughout the valley. Attendees interact with over 300 visiting filmmakers at screenings and intimate events as well as enjoy culinary demonstrations, wine tasting pavilions, the Festival Gala, Celebrity Tributes, Awards Ceremonies, and an array of parties, VIP receptions, winemaker dinners, and more.
- Downtown Napa – The city has undergone a renaissance, becoming a world-class destination in its own right. Endless tasting bars let you check out small and large producers before heading up further up the valley. Culinary star power abounds in Napa with acclaimed restaurants. Craving nature? Hike the Bay Area Ridge Trail from the river to Skyline Park. Art lovers will find heaven among the sculpture gardens and galleries of 200-acre Di Rosa or along the city's downtown. Meritage is pleased to offer a complimentary daily shuttle to downtown Napa, located only a few miles away.
- Culinary Institute of America – Rising tall like a castle, The Culinary Institute of America at Greystone is one of Napa Valley’s most historic and majestic properties. It’s also one of the world’s most unique and inspiring campuses for culinary education. The magnificent setting for The Culinary Institute of America makes the meals prepared by their visiting chefs an even more memorable experience. The century-old stone building, known as Greystone, has the historic, warm feel of a Spanish castle. Cooking demonstrations and tours are scheduled regularly. The CIA at Copia also offers classes, tasting experiences, a restaurant and store at its campus near the heart of downtown Napa.
- Artist for a Day – Spend the afternoon painting with acclaimed Napa Valley landscape artist, Tim Howe, locally known as “The Artist of Napa.” This is your opportunity to unlock your inner artist for the first time or to hone your skills with a pro as you capture the incredible beauty of the Napa Valley. After the three-hour session, you will go home with your original painting as a special memory of Wine Country. You'll be amazed by what you can create as you are guided through the entire artistic process step-by-step. Painting in the vineyards “en plein air” literally means painting “in the open air.” All materials are provided.
- NASCAR Toyota/Save Mart 350 - This action-packed weekend includes the Great Clips Fast Friday, Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Qualifying and the Pro West Series race on Saturday, and the Toyota/Save Mart 350 on Sunday — plus entertainment, driver appearances, and much more throughout NASCAR weekend.