These pumpkin spice latte donuts are the perfect treat to kick-off the fall season. Although they taste indulgent, they have a superfood boost from our Pumpkin Spice Superfood Creamer.
Recipe creator: Sheri Wilson by Laird Superfoods
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
½ tsp cinnamon
2 tbs Unsweetened Instafuel
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup pumpkin puree
3 tbs Laird Superfood's Pumpkin Spice Superfood Creamer
1 ½ tsp vanilla
3 tbs coconut oil melted
1/4 cup water
2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 tbs Unsweetened Instafuel
¼ cup coconut oil, melted
½ tsp vanilla
2 tbs water
Orange and brown gel coloring
1. Preheat oven to 350F and spray a 12-cavity donut pan with non-stick baking spray.
2. In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together flour, sugars, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, creamer, coffee, and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together pumpkin puree and coconut oil.
4. Add eggs, water, and vanilla and stir well.
5. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, folding in carefully so as not to over-mix.
6. Pour the batter into a large Ziploc bag and snip off the corner for a makeshift piping bag.
7. Pipe the batter into the donut pans, filling each mold 2/3 full.
8. Bake on 350F for 10-12 minutes.
9. Allow donuts to cool for 5-10 minutes in their pan before carefully removing and allowing to cool completely on cooling rack. Allow to cool completely before frosting.
1. In a small bowl, whisk together powdered sugar.
2. Add coconut oil, vanilla extract, and water. Stir until combined.
3. Place 4 TBSP’s of glaze into a bowl, dye brown, and add the instant coffee. Divide the remaining glaze equally between two bowls and dye one orange (leaving the remaining bowl white).
4. Dunk half the donuts into the orange glaze, and half into the white glaze. 5. Drizzle all the donuts with the coffee glaze.
6. Return donuts to the cooling rack after dunking. Add sprinkles if desired.
Allow glaze to harden before eating and enjoying.
View more Laird Superfood recipes here