When we approached Chef Vincent Lesage and asked him what his favorite holiday cookie recipe is, we got an instant answer ... "This is the best chocolate chip cookie you will ever have. Just follow the steps and make sure you measure everything in grams, which makes the recipe much more precise."
Here is an early holiday gift from our Meritage family to yours. Enjoy!
HOLIDAY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
Chef Vincent Lesage | The Meritage Resort & Spa and Vista Collina
- 130g of butter (1 cup)
- 130g of brown sugar (1 cup)
- 98g of sugar (¾ cup)
- 4g of salt (1 teaspoon)
- 240g of AP flour (2 cups)
- 2.5g of baking soda (0.5 teaspoon)
- 20g of dark cocoa powder (2 tablespoon)
- 61g of eggs (1 eggs)
- 221g of chocolate chip (2 cups)
- 100g of cocoa nibs (3/4 cup)
- In a mixer, add the butter and both sugars.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add the eggs, blend for a minute, and add the flour, cocoa powder and baking soda.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and cocoa nibs.
- Put in the fridge for one hour.
- After an hour, make little ball of cookie dough on a sheet pan with a parchment paper. Cook for 8 minutes at 340.