Have you been scrolling through Pinterest and overwhelmed with the number of recipes at your fingertips? We’ve been there too! Lucky for all of us, the Meritage Collection has tapped all of their executive Chefs—from Hawaii to California—and they have compiled their favorite recipes (cocktails included!) for you to make at home. Here are new recipes for Meyer Lemon Jam and a cocktail perfect for Spring and Summer, from Meritage Resort & Spa Chef Jose Mejia!
Chef Name: Chef Jose Mejia of Olive & Hay
Property Name: Meritage Resort and Vista Collina Resort
Recipe: Meyer Lemon Jam & Lake Como Getaway Cocktails
MEYER LEMON JAM
Chef Jose Mejia recommends pairing this delicious Meyer Lemon Jam with a Burrata Salad.
- 150 g(1 ¼ Cups) Meyer Lemon Skins
- 300 g(1 Cup) Meyer Lemon Juice
- 100 g(1/2 Cup) Granulated Sugar
- Cut stem ends off lemons and cut them in half. Juice lemons on electric juicer, making sure to remove any seeds. Set juiced halves aside. Once all lemons have been juiced, weigh juice.
- Cut juiced lemon halves into small chunks. Put into a food processor and process until pieces are about ¼ inch. Process 150 g (1 ¼ cups) of lemon halves for every 300 g (1 cup) of juice. Once all the lemons have been processed, put all the pulp into a pot with cold water and bring up to a boil. Once the mixture boils, turn off heat and strain the pulp through a china cap. Return the pulp to the pot and repeat the process 4 more times, 5 in total. After the 5th boil, strain off the water. Measure out 100 g (½ cup) of granulated sugar for every 300 g (1 cup) of lemon juice. In a pot, combine juice and sugar and set heat to medium. Using a rubber spatula stir the sugar and juice together until all the sugar is dissolved. Add processed lemons and stir to combine everything. Cook the mixture on medium high heat, stirring occasionally until the mixture is a golden color and has a syrupy consistency.
- Transfer jam to a bowl pan and cool uncovered in the fridge. Once cooled, process in a VitaMix in small batches.
LAKE COMO GETAWAY
This Meyer Lemon Jam pairs perfectly with our Lake Como Getaway Cocktail. If you close your eyes (and use your imagination) you will be instantly transported to the exclusive and beautiful lakeside Italian village. It’s almost like you are there, right?
- 1.5 oz limoncello
- 2 oz prosecco
- 3 oz Fever Tree Bitter lemon soda
- Build over ice (only a few ice cubes) and Garnish with two lemon wheels