FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
At Meritage Resort and Spa, the welfare and safety of our guests and team members is our top priority. As owners and operators, our team members have been a part of our family for decades and together we take pride in the experience we provide at our hotel. Our passion for hospitality is seen through the lofty standards by which we maintain our sprawling resort destination that is surrounded by the natural beauty of vineyards throughout Napa, California. However, during this time of global focus on the COVID-19 response, we want to take a moment and inform you about some of the additional safeguards we are taking to ensure the safety of our guests and team members.
Before completing your booking, please review the State restrictions and
guidelines to confirm eligibility to travel and stay at the resort.
Q: What are Meritage Resort and Spa procedures and policies related to Coronavirus (COVID-19)?
A: We are closely monitoring the situation and complying with the recommendations set forth by this California Industry Guidance and local health officials. Additionally, we have enhanced our already stringent cleanliness and hygiene standards and policies.
Q: Is your property open?
A: YES. We remain open during these difficult times as a safe place for you, or a loved one to come stay. We want you home with your family during this time, but if you or someone you know needs a place to stay, we remain open with our most diligent team members ensuring high standards of cleanliness. Whether you are a local or a visitor who needs a place to be – we are here for you like you have been there for us.
Q: Do you have special offers for essential workers?
A: Yes. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Q: Are all the outlets open at your property?
A: Out of an abundance of caution and to adhere to the current restrictions, we have temporarily adjusted our offerings to eliminate communal experiences:
- OLIVE & HAY: We are open for outdoor dining and 25% capacity indoors; daily for breakfast and lunch, Thursday - Sunday for dinner.
- BLEND: Temporarily closed.
- CRUSH: We are open for outdoor dining and 25% capacity indoors Wednesday - Monday.
- COMMONS BAR: We are open daily Monday - Thursday 2 - 9pm and Friday - Sunday 2 - 10pm.
- DINING OUTLETS: We are offering Crush and Olive & Hay indoor and outdoor dining, Meritage Delivers and to-go meals and retail items at Fivetown Grocery.
- SPA & FITNESS CENTER: Spa Terra is open for treatments daily 9am - 5pm. The fitness center is open for outdoor fitness and Caravan Wellness classes are available on the in-room TV.
- NAPA SHUTTLE: We have temporarily suspended operations of our shuttles.
- VALET PARKING: We have temporarily suspended valet parking services.
- HOUSEKEEPING STAYOVER SERVICE: We are no longer providing this service in compliance with the California Department of Public Health.
Q: What dining options are available at your property?
A: Our current dining options include:
- DAILY BREAKFAST: Olive & Hay is open for outdoor and 25% capacity indoor dining, daily 7 - 12pm. Meritage Delivers and Fivetown Grocery are open for breakfast and coffee.
- DAILY LUNCH: Olive & Hay is open for outdoor and 25% capacity indoor dining, daily 12pm - 1:30pm. Meritage Delivers and Fivetown Grocery are open.
- DAILY DINNER: Olive & Hay is open for outdoor and 25% capacity indoor dining, Thursday - Sunday 5:30 - 9pm. Meritage Delivers and to-go meals and retail items at Fivetown Grocery.
To see a list of restaurants open for dining in Napa, click here and please make a reservation in advance.
Q: If I decide to cancel my trip, what is your cancellation policy?
A: We strive to provide you with the best stay possible and understand that for many, flexibility is important. At this time, we are adjusting our cancellation policies to accommodate our loyal guests.
- All current and new reservations made directly with the hotel for stays through April 1, 2021, can be canceled without penalty up to 24 hours in advance.
- For reservations made via online travel agents or other third-party travel professionals, please contact your booking provider for information on their policies.
- For further questions or reservation assistance please contact email@example.com or FrontOfficeManagement@meritageresort.com.
Q: What precautions does Meritage Resort and Spa take?
Our cleaning team has been briefed and trained on proper cleaning procedures to ensure the prevention of the COVID-19 virus. We clean our public facilities more frequently than recommended by the California Industry Guidance. We are also adhering to the Hospitality & Health Promise outlined by our parent company, Pacific Hospitality Group. Our cleanliness and hygiene standards and policies include:
- Enhancing and increasing the frequency of sanitation of commonly touched objects such as handrails, door handles, TV remotes, elevator buttons, phones, etc.
- Comprehensive cleaning and sanitation of guest rooms between stays.
- Training staff to recognize signs of COVID-19.
- Additional signage throughout the hotels reminding guests and employees of healthy practices.
- Educating our team members on steps they should be taking to keep themselves safe and healthy, including the expectation to stay home if they don't feel well for any reason.
- Face coverings are required by team members and guests while indoors and in public areas at the resorts.
Q: I have an event or meeting booked at Meritage Resort and Spa, what do I do now?
Please contact your sales manager or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Q: What is check-in/out time?
A: Check in begins at 4 p.m at our luxury hotel & resort in Napa, CA. Check out is at 11 a.m.
Q: Is Meritage a non-smoking resort?
A: Smoking is not allowed in guestrooms or other interior spaces. Smoking is only allowed in designated exterior areas.
Q: What is included with the resort fee?
A: The nightly resort fee includes bottled waters, one bottle of signature Napa wine, hand sanitizer, high speed WiFi, in-room coffee and tea, overnight parking, and fax and local calls.
Q: What are the dining options on property?
A: The Meritage Resort provides multiple dining options including Olive & Hay, Crush, Blend Café and In-Room Dining. View our Sip & Savor section for complete information. Vista Collina Resort features nine Napa Valley wine tasting rooms, an upscale artisan market and Food & Wine Center.
Q: Is outside food & beverage allowed?
A: We do not allow outside food & beverage. Please visit our on-site restaurants, Blend Café and our Lobby Shop for wine and other specialty items to enjoy throughout your stay.
Q: How do I arrange an early check-in or late checkout for my stay?
A: Early check-ins and late checkouts are based on availability day of. Please contact our Front Desk team to check on availability.
Q: What is the cancellation policy?
A: Generally, reservations must be cancelled 72-hours prior to arrival date, time to avoid a one night’s room and tax charge. Additional restrictions may apply depending on the rate and room type selected. Some rates and dates may have varying policies, see your confirmation letter for additional details.
Q: What is the minimum age requirement to check-in to a room?
A: The minimum age requirement is 18. The wine included in the Napa Valley resort fee will be removed from the room for any guests checking in under 21.
Q: Will I be charged when making a reservation?
A: We charge the credit card on file a one-night deposit, plus resort fee and taxes 72 hours prior to arrival date. Should you cancel prior to the 72-hour cancellation policy you will be refunded the full amount. If the credit card used for the one-night deposit is not present at arrival, we will refund and authorize the credit card present at check-in. Some rates may require full advance deposit, see your confirmation letter for additional details
Q: What is required upon check-in?
A: A government issued photo identification or passport and a valid credit card to authorize for your full amount of stay, plus incidentals for an additional $100 per night.
Q: May I use a debit card at check in?
A: Yes, we do accept debit cards. However, the funds will be immediately withdrawn from your account. Any refunds upon check out can take up to 5-10 business days.
Q: What if I need to depart early throughout my stay?
A: An early departure fee of room and tax may apply. Please contact the resort for further details.
Q: Is there a way I can pay for another guest’s stay if I will not be at the resort?
A: Yes. please contact the resort directly at 707.251.1900.
Q: Do you have ADA rooms?
A: Yes. We have ADA accessible and hearing accessible rooms available. Please contact us at 707.251.1900 to make these arrangements.
Q: Do you have connecting rooms?
A: Yes. We do have connecting room options, on a select few of our room types. Please contact us at 707.251.1900 to make these arrangements.
Q: How many guests can I have in the room?
A: Maximum occupancy varies by room type. A king room can only accommodate 2 people, the maximum in any room is 4 people.
Q: Do you have roll-away beds?
A: Unfortunately, our rooms do not accommodate roll-away beds and we do not have any available on property.
Q: Do your resort rooms have bathtubs?
A: Most of our suites and a select few of our standard guestrooms include a tub, however the majority of our guestrooms include a shower only.
Q: Are cribs available?
A: Yes, we do have cribs upon request at no additional cost.
Q: Is there hypoallergenic bedding available?
A: Yes. Please alert our team to any special needs prior to your arrival through our online concierge.
Q: What kind of coffee maker is in the room?
A: We have Keurig Coffee machines in our guest rooms. Coffee is replenished daily.
Transportation & Directions
Q: Is there a shuttle service to and from the airport?
A: We do not have a shuttle, but we can set up private transportation. Please request through our online concierge.
Q: What are the parking options for resort guests?
A: Self and valet parking.
Q: Are there electric vehicle (EV) charging stations available?
A: Yes, there are six charging stations located at The Meritage Resort. Please note that a ChargePoint card is needed for payment, Tesla's require adapter. Please see our valet team for complete information when you arrive.
Q: Is there a shuttle to Downtown Napa?
A: The shuttle is temporarily out of service. Normally, as part of your resort fee we offer a daily shuttle to Downtown Napa. The shuttle drops off and picks up from the corner of Third Street and Main Street. The shuttle will depart from the Meritage Resort from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. on the hour. The shuttle will depart from downtown 4:25 p.m. to 10:25 p.m., hourly. For assistance, please call 707.251.1900.
Q: What forms of payment are accepted to pay for my stay?
A: All major credit cards are accepted to pay for you room and to guarantee your stay. Cash is accepted upon check-out only.
Q: Is the resort pet-friendly?
A: Yes. We do allow dogs. Pets are not to be left in rooms unattended. Please review our pet policy here.
Q: Is there a pet fee?
A: Yes. There is a non-refundable fee of $50. The fee includes a plush Meritage Resort and Spa dog bed (for use during stay only), a dog bowl to take home and a pet amenity bag (includes treats and potty pick up bags).
Q: Does the resort provide dog walking or pet sitting services?
A: The resort does not, but please call our concierge at 707.251.1900 for other options.