In hope of luring more visitors to the beautiful islands of Hawaii, airlines are offering discounted fares from all across the United States. If you are interested in booking a trip and taking advantage of some incredible prices, now is the time. As an extra bonus, all airlines are offering worry-free deals with customer-friendly travel policies including waived change fees. However, always make sure to get familiar with the airline cancellation policies plus any COVID-19 related updates.
It's so rare to see the Garden Island discounted to these levels.TravelZOO just posted the best deal of 2020. TravelZOO is offering roundtrip fares to Lihue on Hawaiian, Alaska, American, United or Delta (airlines vary by route) for one-week trips December-March from the following cities:
- Oakland, San Francisco, San Jose ... $197
- San Diego ... $197 (December-February)
- Portland ... $206
- Los Angeles ... $293 (December-February)
- Albuquerque, Las Vegas ... $326
- Denver, Phoenix ... $359
- Salt Lake City ... $368 (January-March)
Fly Monday-Thursday for the lowest fares. Baggage fees and policies may differ, depending on the airline.
Kayak offers a list of airlines that offer flexible options including free cancellations in the form of travel credits as well as airlines that fully wave change or cancellation fees altogether.
Routes: LAX/PHX/DFW/ORD/JFK to HNL/KOA/OGG/LIH
Cost: From $214 round-trip in economy
Travel Dates: December 2020 – February 2021
- Phoenix (PHX) to Kona (KOA) for $296 round-trip nonstop (Dec-Feb) LEARN MORE
- Los Angeles (LAX) to Maui (OGG) for $296 round-trip nonstop (Dec-Feb) LEARN MORE
- Chicago (ORD) to Honolulu (HNL) for $389 round-trip (Dec-Feb) LEARN MORE
- Dallas-Ft. Worth (DFW) to Honolulu (HNL) for $401 round-trip (Dec-Feb) LEARN MORE
- New York-JFK (JFK) to Maui (OGG) for $453 round-trip (Dec-Feb) LEARN MORE
- Dallas-Ft. Worth (DFW) to Honolulu (HNL) for $275 round-trip (Jan-Feb) LEARN MORE
- Eastern USA to Lihue (LIH) for $358 round-trip (Jan-Feb) LEARN MORE
- Los Angeles (LAX) to Honolulu (HNL) for only $214 roundtrip (Jan-Feb) LEARN MORE
Keep in mind that even though Hawaii began to welcome visitors back to its beautiful islands, pre-travel testing is still mandatory. This new program allows travelers who test negative for COVID-19 while entering the state of Hawaii to proceed without a two-week quarantine. Anyone traveling to the state should also get themselves familiar with the local rules as they may vary per island.