Insider Tips from our local travel expert:
Q: What makes Ko’a Kea an ideal location for guests to stay while visiting Kauai?
It’s simple: we’re a hidden gem! Truly though, Ko’a Kea Hotel & Resort is an ideal location for guests for so many reasons. We’re located at one of the most pristine locations on the island (Poipu Beach) with the best staff to match! We have impeccable ocean views, sandy beaches just steps away, and access to all sorts of activities to enjoy – like whale watching during the winter-spring months. Also, since our property is smaller in size compared to our neighboring properties, it allows us the opportunity to provide a more personal and memorable experience for our guests.
Q: What are the top 5 things you recommend to guests visiting the island of Kauai, and why?
- Take a boat trip or helicopter tour (or both!) to see the Na Pali Coast. I’ve lived here my entire life and have never seen Kauai like I have from the air or sea! Immeasurable experience by far!
- Explore the Waimea Canyon and Koke’e State Park. It’s the Grand Canyon of the Pacific and has amazing sight-seeing and hiking trails for all fitness levels.
- Drive and spend the day on the North Shore. Hanalei Bay has great views of the ocean and mountains!
- Visit Warehouse 3540 and support our local entrepreneurs. You will find tasty local eateries and unique keepsakes to remember your trip!
- Take a drive out to the West side of the island (my forever home). Be sure to stop in Waimea town and grab your pupu’s (appetizers) Big Save or Ishihara Market to enjoy on Polihale Beach while watching the sunset. It’s no question, this aspect of anyone’s trip would be life changing.
Q: When is the ideal time to visit?
Kauai is a year-round destination! I would recommend visiting December – August as the weather is more predictable, but if you do travel September – November, you’ll still have a great time no matter what.
Q: Where is your favorite place to watch a beautiful Hawaiian sunset?
Q: Where is your favorite place to dine on the island?
Great question! I love food!