We believe that sometimes you need to disconnect to connect and there is no better way than spending time with nature. Hiking provides so many wonderful health benefits such as lowering stress, improving moods, enhancing wellbeing, and more. So put on your hiking boots, grab a water bottle, and visit one of these top La Jolla trails all near the resort.
Gliderport Trail - 0.6 miles with a 170-ft elevation
- A very short and intense, out-and-back trail that can get a little crowded during peak hours and days. However, the views are breathtaking from the top of the cliffs outlining the endless coastline. If you desire to journey to the end of the trail, you will find Black’s Beach, a clothing optional beach.
- This option is also the closest trail access to the beach from the hotel.
Guy Fleming Trail - 0.8 miles with a 52-ft elevation
- Another short but busy loop that features delicate wildflowers and easy walking trails. This trail is picture-perfect with smaller cliff sites, but still gorgeous views.
Razor Point Trail - 1.3 miles with a 150-ft elevation
- For those looking for a little more space and the ability to hike, walk or run, this trail is a great option. This trail is highly manicured but still has plenty of spots for photos.
Broken Hill Trail - 2.3 miles with a 324-ft elevation
- Another beautiful trail that takes you through the flora and fauna of the region, including chaparral and sagebrush. It can be heavily trafficked during peak weekend times but does provide beach access.
Tide Pools Walk – 3.9 miles with a 285-ft elevation
- Great for all skill levels, this hidden hike is full of sea life and wildflowers and places you right in the heart of La Jolla. This hike is best done in the morning when the tides are low revealing the most tidepools. And always be sure to observe good tidepool etiquette - take only pictures and leave only footprints.